Monday, June 20, 2016

You thought you had problems?

https://www.amyoes.com/2016/06/17/tedx-video/


From a happy-go-lucky musical theatre teen, to surviving sexual abuse, a coma, six years without food or drink, and 27 surgeries, it’s been a very long, detoured journey, and it still isn’t over yet.
But what makes the journey meaningful, and ultimately rewarding, is the ability to share, and know that you can possibly help someone through their own “detours.” Something I’ve learned over time, is that a Detour is Not a Dead End – which was the title of my first TEDx Talk!  I gave my TEDx Talk this April, and finally…it’s out!
Giving the talk was a thrilling experience.  Even being such a shameless musical theatre ham that I am, this was the most nervous I’ve ever been.  Actually, I didn’t realize how nervous I was until I was done…and I started basically hyperventilating!
This amazing young woman has inspired that I honor her by giving her space on this blog. Read it. Listen to her and start looking at life's challenges as mere detours to lasting happiness. It is your choice. You are the one responsible for your own happiness. Bravo, Amy!



No comments:

Post a Comment